Cardiac surgery as the name spells out is a surgery that is undertaken by the cardiac surgeons. It is performed to remove the complications of the heart. In a way, you can say that a heart transplant is undertaken as well. Let us now explore some of the common types of heart surgeries that are undertaken
- It goes on to replace or repair the valves which are responsible for controlling the blood flow through the chambers of your heart
- With the aid, if implant devices you can regulate the rhythm of the heart
- You can replace the damaged heart with a healthy heart obtained from a donor
The common types of heart problems
- Heart transplant- in this procedure the diseased heart from a donor is taken and it is replaced with a healthy heart from a donor. Ideally, the doctor will recommend this procedure if the heart is too weak and not in a position to pump blood to the various organs of the body. In medical terms, this condition is known as heart failure. It is a drastic form of surgery that needs to be adopted when all other surgical methods have failed. One has to state that this works out to be the lifesaving mechanism. It is observed that you have to be on the waiting list for a donor to arrive. In the meantime, you can continue with your treatment for complications of the heart.
- Aneurysm repair- you can term it as a form of ballooning in the arteries of the heart. This bulge goes on to happen when the valves become weak. The pressure that is exerted by the heart that pumps in the blood to weaken. This can cause the bulge to weaken and then burst. It could lead to an internal bleeding of sorts. As far as the repair of the bulge is concerned there is no option rather than a surgery.
- Heart surgery at a minimal invasive level- Here the surgeon goes on to make small incisions in the chest between the ribs. Sometimes you do go on to rely on the services of a heart bypass lung machine. You can use this procedure to repair the valves or insert a pacemaker. In this regard, one of the surgically wonders that has come up in recent times is robotic surgery. Here the surgeon is in total control of the surgery with the help of proper tools. You can say that they can perform complex surgery in an easy manner.
Heart surgery in India is prescribed for patients who are suffering from certain diseases of the heart. If other types of treatment like lifestyle changes or medical procedures have not failed to churn in the desired results, then surgery stands to be the only option. You need to be aware of the fact that it works out to be a life changing decision. Here you would need to consider the pros along with cons before you plan for this surgery as well. it will help you taken an informed decision LEARN TECH NEWS TECHNOLOGY FOR RESEARCH.