All companies must have their areas connected and synchronized to achieve a common goal. Keep sales, customer management, marketing, taxation, finance, human resources, and much more in check.
One of the fundamental aspects in companies, but that at the same time is usually paid less attention, is business management. The business management as a concept, is seeking activity, through people, improve productivity and competitiveness of companies or businesses. According to some studies on the control of business management in Spain and its relationship with the effects of the economic crisis, results are shown, at least, worrying.
A large part of the companies focus their efforts on the activities of the productive and commercial activity, but they pay very little attention to the management of the results of that activity. Zoe Talent Solutions will give you a clear detail about Effective Management.
Management As An Activity:
A few days ago a businessman commented “the best management tool continues to be common sense”. I totally agree, but the first thing to keep in mind is that management must be part of our activity and we must devote as much time as we do to commercial strategy, production or innovation.
The financial management and Treasury controlling budgets and receipts and payments are the daily life of any business and have much impact on business activity like manufacturing, customer service or sales volume. In addition, the management is in coordination, staff, resources and capital of the company, it is of little use to have a competitive advantage if we do not know how to apply it correctly in the organization.
We must extract information from all the agents with whom we interact, customers, suppliers, competitors. Obtaining feed-back of the market in which we move, is vital to make decisions and prepare our company for the continuous changes that are going to happen. Our orchestra must be in tune, all the instruments must sound good, but, in addition, there must be a director who knows how to take advantage of each one of them.
Management In Entrepreneurs:
A very clear case of the little importance given to this discipline can be verified with the figures of failure of the entrepreneurs. A person who has a business project, invests a lot of time in the development of his idea, the development of his business plan, the search for financing and even in the development of a good marketing plan.
However, many companies, with great ideas and a good level of sales, fail to exceed the threshold of three years of activity and close before that date.
In many cases, the explanation for this failure is the little attention paid to management. It does not matter that the product is good and, even, that it is sold a lot if we have not done a good planning of the profit margins and the expenses of the activity, it is not about selling much if not selling well and, today in day, also to charge.
It may happen that we have not foreseen the financial burden of the activity and those sales are not enough to compensate for it, other times, the lack of planning can lead us to a situation of a volume of activity greater than expected and not be prepared for it. The management helps us to foresee all this type of situations, but it must be done in a rigorous way and give it the importance it really has.
The Reality Of Management In Companies:
Analyzing The Conclusions Of Some Studies We Can Highlight That:
- Only a third of Spanish companies seem to have an adequate level of management control .
- A majority of companies consider that they do not need to use management control tools.
- Most of the Spanish SMEs are vulnerable to the current environment, because they lack the information and the methodology necessary to carry out good management.
- The ability to react as a result of the application of adequate management tools would allow these companies to be better positioned.
- Optimal management seeks to make the right things better, for that it is necessary to identify the factors that influence the success or better result of that activity. Let’s put the means to carry out this task, it is much more important than we believe, if we do not have the necessary knowledge or we do not have time because our activity does not allow it, we look for help in that sense because, in the end, the future of Our business can depend on it.
- One of the fundamental aspects of the companies, is the management of the business , with which we try to improve the productivity and the competitiveness of the companies. In addition, having the right management tools will be one of the key factors in achieving our success objectives.