The Netgear extenders that are specially meant for working with Netgear routers have a two-layer structure inside, the upper layer is the motherboard of the wireless repeater, and the lower layer is the power module. However, prior to considering for the new extender setup process, you must be familiar with its hardware specifications.
Insulation is ensured by means of screw rod overhead and plastic partition between the two layers. In order to ensure long-term stable operation of the equipment, the motherboard uses a highly integrated solution and full-chip electronic components to generate less heat, but the Soc and RF modules do not use metal shields.
The processor uses Broadcom’s single-chip solution. The main processor is the BCM5357B0KFBG, which is clocked at 300MHz and can give 2.4GHz 802.11n wireless network to the users with an incredible speed of 150 Mbps.
In terms of memory, the Netgear extender uses a Winbond DDR2 granule with a capacity of 32MB. With the SoC, it can easily handle the working needs.
On board internal antenna:
What’s more interesting is that although it uses an external antenna, it still does have the two built-in antennas on the motherboard to enhance the signal transmission.
The power module of the can be said to be very sophisticated as of other models of Netgear extenders.
Configuring the Device:
In order to configure your gadget, Netgear extender support recommends you to place your gadget near to the wireless router during the configuration. And once everything is set up, you may place the extender to the intended location.
Execute these steps to securely configure your gadget:
- Reach out to any of your wireless-enabled devices, and run a wireless network scan to get connected with the Netgear EXT network. You will be automatically connected to the network without requiring any password.
- Once connected to the extender’s Wi-Fi network, open any of the available web browsers on your device.
- Wait for a few seconds and the smart setup wizard will appear on the screen. However, if not, type in – www.mywifiext.net in the top address bar of the web browser.
- Follow the set of instructions that includes choosing your preferred language for the interface etc.
- Then wait for a couple of minutes, so that the smart setup wizard could search for available Wi-Fi networks. Once the search is complete, tap on the name of the existing wireless network in the list of the available wireless networks within your extender’s range.
- You will need to enter the security key or password that you have set for your wireless network. If you don’t have any idea about this, you can refer to Netgear wifi range extender manual for detailed information.
- After you enter the secret key (password) and tap on “connect”, it will take up a minute or two to set up an association between the extender and your home Wireless network. Furthermore, when associated, you need to tap on “Okay” to go to the remote settings subtleties.
- Make all the desired changes in the settings portal and you are good to go to the interface you are any gadget remotely to the extender network organize.
Can’t get access to extender setup portal?
If you are unable to get access to www.mywifiext.com when trying to set up your extender then these steps will help you out:
- First things first, ensure that your device – computer or laptop is properly connected to the internet connectivity.
- Next thing to try is restarting the web browser and again try to access the settings portal. Also, clear the cache and cookies of your web browser.
- If you are getting a message stating as “server not found” then try accessing the net in a different web browser.
- However, in case the problem still persists- use an Ethernet cable to connect your laptop or PC to the extender.