PAN or Permanent Account Number is a Unique identification number allotted to an individual or corporation. With incorrect PAN details, one can face a lot of difficulties resulting in major problems. In order to avoid such circumstances, it is always advisable to get the errors in PAN card rectified as soon as possible.

The income tax department has arranged for PAN card correction form online where the applicants can enroll their grievances and correct the errors on their respective applications. By following the steps mentioned below, the applicants can easily rectify/change/update any information mentioned in their PAN cards:

Step 1: Visit the Income Tax e-filling website and click on ‘Update PAN/Aadhaar Details’. Or you can go directly to the page by clicking on this link:

Step 2: You will be able to see an ‘Application Type’ drop-down menu from which you will have to select the third option.

Step 3: Find the Category drop-down menu and select the category of your assessment. If the PAN is registered under your name, you should select ‘individual’ from the list and ‘Corporate’ for corporations.

Step 4: Scroll down, fill out your basic information:

Date of Birth
Email ID
Contact Number

Make sure you do not make any mistake in entering the information.

Enter Captcha >> Click “SUBMIT” to submit your form

Your pan card correction form will then be registered and a special Token Number will be sent to you in the email id that you provided in the form. To proceed further you can click the button below saying “Continue with PAN application form”.

Step 5: After you click on that button, you will be taken to the form. You will be given three options to submit your documents, these options include:

  • Submit documents digitally using e-KYC and e-Sign.
  • You can choose also opt to post the documents physically yourself.
  • You are also allowed to submit scanned images of the requested documents using e-Sign on C-DAC or NSDL, however, both of these will charge you Rs 5.90 each.

You can choose any method as per your convenience.

Then you should proceed with filling you PAN and Aadhaar Details while the other personal details such as your name and date of birth will be prefilled from the previous form. Scrolling downwards, you will come to find three separate options where you can select your category:

Photo Disparity
Signature Variance
Information of  Parents.

Tick on your category of grievance and then click on ‘Next’.

Step 6: You will be directed to the ‘Address and Contact Page’ where your residential address will be prefilled if you have provided your Aadhaar details and your PAN card and Aadhaar Card are linked. This is the address where your corrected PAN card will be sent. If you wish to update the address, you can tick the box below the prefilled address. Please note that the address provided by you should be enclosed with a valid address proof otherwise your request stands rejected. Click “NEXT”.

Step 7: If you have not submitted a copy of your Aadhaar, you will be required to provide proof of identity, address, and date of birth. You will also be required to enclose a photocopy of the PAN allotment letter that you received along with your PAN card.

Step 8: Following this, a declaration would be presented in front of you which will ask you to sign to accept that all the various documents that you have enclosed with the documents as proof are valid and not forged.

Step 9: A scanned softcopy of these documents would be required to be uploaded in the next page. After this, a preview of your form will appear on the screen which you should review once and then click on ‘Submit’. You will be required to pay the fee of Rs 110 if the address is within the country and Rs 1020 if it is in another country.

An acknowledgment slip will then be generated confirming the success of your payment. This slip should be printed out and should be posted to the NSDL e-gov along with the attached proof of ID and address.

Once the payment is successful, an acknowledgment slip will be generated which should be printed out and sent to the NSDL e-gov office with the physical proof of the documents mentioned earlier. Also, you should attach a photo in the space given and sign across it. ‘Application for PAN change’ should be written on top of the envelope along with the acknowledgment number, and mailed to the following address-

NSDL e-Gov at Income Tax PAN Services Unit,

NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,

5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,

Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,

Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016′


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here