Speaking of computer virus, many people will be emotional; they often got a lot of things to complain about, and the problems caused by virus infection are the very important component.
- Virus damaged your OS (Operating System), making computer unbootable.
- Virus attacked your hard drive, making some of the partitions inaccessible.
- Virus invaded your computer, making some very significant files hidden, so you’ll lose access to them.
Today, our focus will be put on to unhide files hidden by virus.
How to Unhide Files Hidden by Virus: User Guide:
Oops, I can’t find my precious photos (meeting/learning materials, graduation thesis, resume or other kinds of files). A virus was detected on my computer, so I guess my files are hidden or deleted by it. How do I recover hidden files? Can I show hidden files independently? Certainly, the answer is positive. In this part, I will tell you how to unhide hidden files in USB caused by virus.
Recover Hidden Files with MiniTool Power Data Recovery:
You need to complete the following steps to recover files deleted by virus:
- Get the setup program by clicking here.
- Store the program to the drive contains no file to recover.
- Finish installing the software and click to run it.
- Select This PC on the left side of software interface (to show hidden files in a USB drive, you should connect it in advance and select Removable Disk Drive).
- Choose the correct USB Mass Storage Device and click Scan.
- Wait for the scan and look through the found files & folders from the search result.
- Check the useful files hidden by virus and click Save.
- Choose another drive as the recovery destination and click OK.
Find Hidden Files with Command Prompt:
attribute command to remove virus, how to remove virus using cmd step by step,
How to show hidden files in USB using cmd (Windows 10):
- Click on the Cortana icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Type cmd into the search box
- Select Command Prompt from result list.
- Type diskpart and press Enter.
- Type list volume and press Enter.
- Type select volume * (* is the drive number in the list) and press Enter.
- Type attrib –s –h *.* /s /d and press Enter.
- Wait a few seconds.
View Hidden Files by Changing Folder Option Windows 10:
How to show hidden files in USB Windows 10:
- Open File Explorer.
- Select View from menu bar.
- Click Options.
- Choose Change folder and search options from its drop-down list.
- Shift to View tab.
- Check Show hidden files, folders, and drives under Files and Folders section (by default, the Don’t show hidden files, folders, or drives is checked).
- At last, press OK to apply changes.
What if the Windows Explorer is not responding or stopped working?
As for how to show hidden files in USB Windows 7, the steps are basically the same. That’s all I want to say about how do you unhide files on a flash drive. Hope you all can unhide files hidden by virus successfully!