It might sound impossible to save money in 2019 and still travel the world. However, while it may be easy to see the word “tropical” and think “expensive” there are plenty of awesome cheap beach vacations that you can take that won’t break the bank.
Tropical destinations usually have a reputation for being touristy and overpriced, but most people don’t understand that not all beach spots are the same. Don’t worry because we’re here to help you run away from the cold weather and plan your trip! With that, here are some of the most affordable and fun beach destinations around the world.
The Philippines is such a wonderful country with very friendly people everywhere you go. The country’s largest and most biodiverse island, Palawan’s archipelago is home to crystal clear waters, limestone cliffs, and tons of bays and crannies that travelers can explore.
Beaches in Palawan are known to be some of the best in the world with over 1200 miles of coastline and the diving is a bucket-list level. It has land and sea nature reserves, and as it’s a UNESCO heritage site, is mostly an untouched spec of land. And if you’re looking for a destination that will get you a lot of bang for your buck, Palawan is an extensive selection of basic resorts and hotels that will definitely go easy on your wallet.
Where to Stay in Palawan:
- Hotel Oasis Port Barton is a cheap option that offers airport shuttle service, well air-conditioned rooms, and continental breakfast.
Courtesy of adventure-life.com
Placencia is a fishing village found on Belize’s southeastern side, far from the more popular tourist destinations in the country. You’ll find here a 16-mile coastline that includes some of the best beaches in the country. You can engage in snorkelling, diving, and fishing, and explore their natural reserve on the mainland, plus “barefoot-friendly” town with shops, seafood restaurants, and cafes. There is a flight directly to the peninsula, but you can take less-expensive shuttle service from Belize City.
Where to Stay in Placencia:
- Beachfront Paradise Vacation Hotel is an affordable and comfortable place to stay. It includes free use of the rooftop, jacuzzi, kayaks, bikes, and Wi-Fi.
Bondi Beach, Sydney:
Courtesy of sydney.com
Bondi is a popular beach and the name of the surrounding suburb in Sydney, Australia. It’s one of the world’s most famous beach destinations known for its iconic stretch of fine sand and curling waves. The great about this beach is you can enjoy it any time of the year. The beach is joined by sandstones headlands, which are known for walking, golfing and whale watching. They even have accredited surf schools for beginners who want to learn how the sport.
Eating out is also one of the main attractions at Bondi. It boasts award-winning restaurants with great views at both ends of the beach.
Where to Stay in Bondi:
- Holiday Inn Parramatta is located in Western Sydney that’s not only near Bondi beach but it offers you the chance to discover the bustling CBD of Parramatta within walking distance of major retail, commercial and transport facilities.
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam:
You can take a short and inexpensive flight from Ho Chi Minh City to get to Phu Quoc Island. Although it’s not cheap to travel to Southeast Asia, it’s already reasonably affordable to fly to the island, with round-trip flights hovering around $800 from New York City, Boston, Chicago, and Los Angeles. Making this tropical vacation as one of the cheapest of the year.
The island comes with untouched beaches and affordable luxury resorts, that’s why it’s a destination of great value.
Courtesy of hellomagazine.com
Where to Stay in Phu Quoc Island:
- Lahana Resort is the ideal accommodation if you want to experience a Balinese feel, with awesome ocean views, and affordable nightly rates.
Either you want to visit the common resort town of Punta Cana or just wander around Santo Domingo, or even spend a relaxing time with the starfish on one its many secluded beaches, Dominican is the place on earth for you. This tropical place is home to Los Haitises National Park, rich forests, whale watching opportunities, and awesome surf.
The Dominican Republic is the second largest Caribbean country and is very accessible from Miami, New York, and many European cities. And dollars are very strong compared to the peso!
Where to Stay in the Dominican Republic:
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa is the place you would want to stay if you want an affordable accommodation near Punta Cana that offers two swimming pools, three restaurants, and entertainment.
- Barcelo Santo Domingo is a nice choice if you want to explore Santo Domingo. It’s located in the old quarter that offers a hot tub, an outdoor pool, and even a casino.