In order to stand ably in the existing new media, you need to do more than just optimizing your website. When you sit down to design your website, you have to take into consideration some of the important factors which include the content, webanalytics, modern design, conversion and usability and the aspect of social media and search. The changes in both the on page and off page SEO techniques as well as the viewers’ consumption of content are responsible for the way the market is rapidly changing. Aspects like navigation techniques, design and aesthetics are being developed to meet the requirements of new architectural builds of websites.
Web Designing and SEO Techniques go Hand in Hand for Effective Results:
The approaches in today’s web design are mostly multi- functional, departmental and skill based. The build process has at its core content and SEO elements. This makes it crucial to understand aspects which include the effect of design on SEO, the SEO and usability link, the major contrast between information and content, the “technical architecture” and the effect of readability on SEO.
The Design Aspect:
It may surprise you to know that there are many websites that have not yet been able to catch up with the changing trends in web design. An inequality in the balance between optimization and marketing on one side and use of simplified but usable design on the other has led to splurging money in the wrong direction, over prioritizing the marketing aspect and undermining the other.
The key to success in implementation of web design is based on the maintaining the equilibrium between simple yet modernized and informative design and its effectiveness in the SEO aspect.
Among other demurs faced by designers, the most critical one happens to be the proper placement of the elements of HTML, visual illustration and the CSS. The thought process of a designer works in completely different way than the SEO or marketing person, which affects the look of a website. While on one hand, the designers think of incorporating creativity to the site, the SEO professional will look out for those elements that will make the site more resourceful in terms of traffic generation and ranking.
- When you design a site, you have to ensure that it gives the readers what they are looking for.
- Ensure that the navigation process is made easy and simple.
- Integrate creativity with a modern feel to give the site a flat look.
The Applicability Aspect:
The marketing element focuses on the “inbound traffic” and requires the help of the SEO professionals to look into the matter. This also leads to integration of both the design team and the SEO team for better applicability.
In today’s market, both the SEO aspect and the applicability or usability skills are used by the designers, maintaining a proper balance to ensure that maximum output from the SEO techniques can be effectively used for bettering the site’s quality.
The solution is simple- the lesser complications in y our content, the more it will be shared and connected by users and this becomes important for the SEO team and the “organic link” aspect.
- Make full use of “eye-tracking” studies and “user experience” to integrate the results in the interface that you make.
- Make sure that you place uncluttered headlines which will be easy to follow and will also be eye-catching.
- Another aspect to look into is the speed of your site and the response time. Keep a check to make sure that there is no delay as even a small delay like that of 2-3 seconds can make you lose a sale or a user.
- Keep your focus on the readability aspects- Color, typography, images, text and the background. Make attractive yet easy-to-read contents with complementary fonts and color and implement subheadings that will give a logical outline to your content in the information architecture aspect.
- The navigation process must be simplified with proper spacing, landing page and margins to give the page a clear yet easy-to-read look.
The SEO Aspect:
This is the aspect in which both the departments of technicality and marketing come to an understanding. However, the reality is different as it is not practically possible to come a common conclusion for both the teams.
Even as there is a growth in the relationship between the designers and the marketers, the principles of on-site SEO technicalities are well implemented in the architecture. There has to be a conglomeration between the creative and the technical aspect of the site designing process.
- In order to let the search engines, understand the content of your page, build friendly structure for your URLs.
- To ensure proper indexing of your site at the time of “crawling process”, build your XML and HTML accordingly.
- Make sure that the post titles that you provide are both descriptive and relevant.
- Try to avoid the Flash and splash menus as their implementation might give the site an attractive look but it is sure to confuse the search engines while going through the content or embedded text.
- Provide “heading tags” that are simple and easy to understand, avoiding the use of frequent H1 tags as they do not appeal to any search engine.
- Make sure that the site that your work on is optimized for both tablet and mobile search.
The Content Aspect:
It is the content that brings in connectivity among the various elements of build and design process. The crux of marketing and technical aspects lies in the content. Everything related to the deign aspect needs to be centered around the content ensuring proper quality a all the five factors of web design depend on it.
- You have to ensure that the content is written clearly and concisely, with relevance to the site.
- Also make sure that the content is not too complicated, generating the right message that you want to deliver.
- To signify breaks in your content matter, make proper utilization of white space.
- Keep your content organized making inclusions of time, date, topic, geography, location and the target audience.
- Try to properly utilize the marketing and sales assets through the content.
The Integration Aspect:
The only way to make your site a success is to integrate properly the various organizational structures. Since most people today use mobile, desktop and tablets for consuming content, it has become essential to integrate the website design according to the requirements of each of these devices.
Another big contributor for the improvement of the performance of your website is the social media. It is not like making additions in buttons for the website you are working on. Try to link and integrate campaigns from social platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Twitter to keep more and more users hooked on to your site. To provide organic links and traffic to your site, make sure you include the “share” option.
You must always keep in mind that designing a site is always based on the human aspect and not for the search engine. Those designs that are based on the today’s requirements are basically SEO tools integrated with persuasive content to improve the engineering of information and technology.
To make the viewing experience more enjoyable and longer for visitors, you can devise your designs on principles that are clean and flat. The visitors are able to get the message from the sites as clearly as possible. In this way, implement the techniques of SEO in a manner that remains invisible but is effective enough to increase your business through your site, making a multi-skilled and multi-functional approach.