Link Popularity is one of the biggest and most important search engine ranking factors. Search engines customize the validity of a website or web page based on the number of quality links that refer to that site or web page. Link popularity indicates the number and quality of incoming links that point to your site. To build good links to your web page is hard work that can become monotonous and time-consuming. In this article, we take a closer look at the 5 popular results-driven link strategies.
Questions Ask yourself about your links listed:
- Are sites reaching you from the same domain or community?
- Are there other sites within your domain or community that are linked to the sites that link to you?
- Do any of the sites that link to you as experts or authority sites are considered in your field?
- Have your webpages been optimized for your keywords and is there an existing internal linking structure?
Linking Popular Strategies:
1. Joint or mutual engagement strategy
- Look for high-level and popular sites in your business or niche market that are free to your website
- Contact your webmaster and ask them if they will be linked to your website
- Outline the benefits of linking to your website or content
- Put a reciprocal link to the site you want to link to from your website
- Keep the email link personally in order to attract the attention of webmasters
- Select the anchor text and description of the link to the site you want to add
- Do not place more than 50 links on one of your web pages
- Do not disturb potential link partners
2. Vision Link Strategy
- Engage with discussion lists that allow links to the subject or niche market (Yahoo groups are a good place to start)
- Put a link to your website in chat rooms and guest books
- Join and post questions in forums that allow links
- Publish to newsgroups and place a link to your website in this post
- Put a link to your website in your email signature
- Submit a sweepstakes competition or sweepstakes on your site and submit your site to the contest and lottery directories on the Internet
- Offer a discount or gift to anyone associated with your site
3. B2B strategy
- Ask resellers, partners, subcontractors, and suppliers to link to your website
- Make sure that all posts spoken by employees at trade fairs are listed in the online brochure of the fair and ask them to link directly to your site.
- Send technical papers to interesting websites or provide technical papers for a fee
- Submit your site to all commercial directories on the Internet
- Apply for award programs and nominate your products
4. Social media strategy
- Open a Twitter account and post your tweets daily with links back to your site
- Start a Facebook fan page for your company with links to your site and content
- Start a blog and post your blog entries to your Facebook fan page or Twitter profile
- Submit your website URL to social bookmarking sites
- Try your blog regularly using a service like Ping.fm
- Make it easy for users to share the content of your web page by installing the share button
- Install the Facebook button “Like” on your website
- Comment on relevant blogs or forums and place a link to your website in your username.
5. Content strategy
- Write original rich and unique keywords on related topics
- Submit your articles to article directories and/or blogs
- Put the links back on your website in the article text or resource box
- Use your keywords in the link text to link back to your site
Become known as an expert in your field:
- Follow new developments and product launches in your area and be the first to write about them.
- Contact high-profile blogs and forums in your area and become a guest blogger
- Start e-zine and publish all your articles online with links back to your website
- Allow webmasters to publish your articles on their own websites for free as long as they include a CV with links back to your site
All the popular link strategies above will work to improve the popularity of your website linker if used correctly. For best results, we recommend using a set of five strategies as part of your search engine’s keyword optimization campaign. Remember to monitor the results of your strategies and verify that your mutual live link partners still link you regularly.