What Is Ovulation?
Ovulation is a physiological process that occurs in women as they hit their puberty. There are a series of changes that occur in the body as a result of this process, which include hypothermia, abdominal pain, muscle cramping, tender breasts, softer cervix, mucous discharge and few more. If you know about your ovulation, then the chances of conception increase. The ovulation calculator or advanced ovulation calculator is available online that helps you in getting knowledge about the exact ovulation date. With the help of an ovulation calculator for a baby, you can make your ovulation calendar.
Ovulation Affecting Factors:
The ovulation is a natural process that processes inside the body of a woman, so the factors that can cause alteration in the body’s physiology to alter the ovulation. There are many factors that affect the ovulation; few of them are:
- Hormone birth control – the hormonal birth control pills affect the level of the hormone, which is progesterone and estrogen thus preventing ovulation.
- PCOS – polycystic ovary syndrome is a hormonal disorder that leads to irregular periods, weight gain affecting ovulation process.
- Bodyweight – the increase and decrease in body weight, both affects ovulation and fertility status of the woman. Both conditions slow down the process of conception or even lead to infertility.
- Sleep time alteration – the sleep plays a very important role in ovulation and normal physiology of the human body. The irregular sleeps, and late-night awakening causes hormone imbalances that prevent the process of ovulation.
- Endocrine disorders – the ovaries come under the endocrine system of the body, so any disruption or disturbance in the endocrine system lead to affecting the normal ovulation process.
Weight Gain Possibilities:
Women are more prone to weight gain than men. The women are more likely to gain weight faster after their wedding due to the many factors like hormonal changes. Changes in dietary habits matter a lot in weight gain. If you overeat the calories than your requirement for a day, then the body starts reserving it in the form of stores, and after a certain time it starts to contribute to fat storage. The lifestyle changes make a remarkable change in the body’s functioning. The alteration in sleep causes weight gain. The stress and anxiety imbalances the hormones balance thus leading towards weight gain. The sedentary lifestyle behavior also contributes to weight gain and fat accumulation of the person.
Effect of Weight Gain On the Ovulation:
The weight gain is the main cause of many diseases and body issues; one of them is the disturbing ovulation. The weight gains cause irregular periods, cessation of periods, early amenorrhea, stress, chronic diseases, and many more. When you start having disturbance in your menstrual cycle, then it is an alarming situation. You must immediately consult a gynecologist. Delay, in this case, causes worsening of the situation. The irregular periods alter the cycle of ovulation and ultimately affect fertility.
The untreated situation can lead to infertility, ovarian cysts, and fibrosis. As the weight increases, fat starts accumulating in the adipocytes, thus surrounding fat layers on the organs and underneath the skin. The high-fat content makes the cells insulin insensitive thus enhancing the glucose levels in the body.
The increasing fat content in the woman’s body disturbs the estrogen level. Higher the fat content, the higher will be estrogen production. This enhanced body estrogen levels cause irregular menstruation or missed periods. The testosterone levels also boost up because of high-fat content, thus disturbing the ratio of hormones.
Obesity disturbs the level of the hormone and causes stress, this stress, and hormonal imbalance then increase the obesity in return, the cycle goes on.