Initially, the duct pipes used for the air conditioning system were made of metals like aluminum or copper. These metals being were costly, so was the price of these kinds of ducts. However, with the advancement in the technology, there is an innovation of flexible air ducts for the air conditioning system. As the name suggests, these pipes can easily be moved through various angles.
Flexible ducting is made out of flexible materials such as PVC and polyurethane. It also comprises a steel spiral wire, which adds more flexibility. If you check out the market for these ducting pipes, you will come across various options available. You can get fiberglass insulation as well as an aluminum insulation lawyer. Make sure you select the one that is suitable for the production procedure and other factors.
Few advantages of flexible ducting:
There are several advantages of using flexible ducts for your air conditioning system. Some of these are outlined below:
- Affordable: Flexible ducts are not as expensive as metal ducts. The material used for making these ducts is not as high as metal, and so it is available at a reasonable price. If you have budget restrictions, flexible ducts can be a good choice. The money saved on these ducts can be spent on other crucial remodeling aspects.
- Easy installation: The installation of these ducts is amazingly simple. Being these ducts flexible, it is possible to bent it and passes by the tight areas. Also, these ducts can easily be passed from different angles and through pointed turns. Ducts made out of metal are rigid, and so fitting them at any space can be difficult. Hence, irrespective of the space you have, flexible ducts will make their own way for installation.
- Durable and maintenance free: You will be amazed to know flexible ducts are durable. It means that you will not have to spend on the installation or repairs of these ducts any soon. Another benefit of these flexible ducting is that it is simple to maintain. Once you get it installed, you will hardly require any maintenance. But, in case of some issues, a replacement can be done easily and quickly. If you are installing metal ducts, there are chances of friction because of joints and cuts. It also restricts the smooth airflow. Such a situation does not arise with flexible ducting.
- High resistance power: The resistance power of flexible ducts is very high, and so it can maintain proper indoor temperature and quality of air, irrespective of bad weather conditions.
- Low cost of installation: The installation or labor cost of flexible ducts is low as compared to metal ducts. Metal ducts are time-consuming as cutting it in the needed size requires a lot of time and effort. But this is not the case with flexible ducts. It can easily be customized as far as the size is concerned. Hence, it will not require a lot of labor for flexible duct installation. It means you do not have to spend high on labor.
Things to bear in mind while installing flexible ducting:
If you have made up your mind to install flexible ducts, there are few things you need to bear in your mind which are as follows:
- The flexible ducting should be installed within the reach of air-conditioned space. If you need to place a flexible duct outside the reach of the air conditioner, make sure you have sealed it well. With this, you can avoid any harm to the air conditioner.
- Make sure that there are not too many compression’s and turns, as it might have an impact on the quality of airflow.
- You must carefully install ducts using tie wraps.
These are some of the things you need to be aware of flexible ducting if you are looking forward to installing it.
I am Lauren Bracy, a qualified blogger. Here you can see my skills which give you small ideas on understanding all the concepts with different themes. I love to write a blog on different topics, like Home Improvement, Automotive, Business, Health, Lifestyle, Pet, etc.