The COVID-19 pandemic has left the global market in a state of disarray, and the exponential growth in online consumer engagement has uncovered gaps in companies’ digital readiness. It has also brought to light the prevalence of multi-platform consumption of digital media; COVID-19 has established cross-platform marketing as one of the most critical marketing strategies for the future.
Your company’s digital marketing strategies must stay up-to-date and competitive within the unpredictable market in 2021. If you find the vast landscape of digital marketing overwhelming, consider working with a content marketing agency to reach your business’s highest potential during an economically tumultuous time.
Whether you decide to work with an outside agency or ramp up your in-house productivity, you need to set clearly-defined goals to enact a comprehensive digital marketing strategy. Focusing on the six areas described below can help elevate your efforts and expand your clientele in the upcoming year.
1. Produce Video Content
Video content is one of the most impactful ways to reach an audience, as video ads have 12 times the click-through rate compared to static media ads. The reason video content is so powerful is that it allows you to relay more information to your audience than through images or texts by combining both visual and auditory channels.
Consequently, videos make for powerful marketing tools for the following reasons:
- Video content is engaging. Statistics show that videos will account for 82 percent of internet traffic by 2022. They are one of the best ways to reach a wider audience without spending a fortune on traditional marketing.
- Since video ads provide more information than plain text or media ads, they build greater consumer trust and brand loyalty.
- Producing consistent, on-brand video content is a convenient way to build brand awareness and stand out from your competition.
- Compared to images or text, videos are shared far more frequently. As a result, video content can be a highly cost-effective means of promoting digital peer-to-peer marketing.
2. Leverage Social Media
Social media usage has grown steadily over the past decade. In an increasingly digital landscape, having a strong social media presence is non-negotiable for any business.
Social media platforms allow brands to communicate directly with their consumers and enable companies to obtain instant feedback from their audience. This ability for direct communication can go a long way toward fostering brand loyalty and building your business’ reputation.
Social media also provides a highly cost-effective solution for expanding the digital footprint of your business. You can make the most out of this by creating and sticking to a consistent and on-brand upload schedule. It can maximize your content’s “reach” amongst your audience, building brand awareness.
3. Showcase Photography
Although video marketing has gained widespread popularity, photography is still an essential marketing medium and a handy digital marketing tool. Articles with relevant images tend to attract 94 percent more viewers than those without.
For most businesses, photographs make up the bulk of visual representation of online content. When utilizing photo content, make sure that your photos are impactful, relevant, and on-brand. If done right, photography can be instrumental in your multi-channel marketing campaigns.
4. Invest in Quality Copywriting
Copywriting is an integral part of any digital marketing campaign and can make or break your marketing efforts. Producing quality copy is vital in engaging your audience and can help your online content stand out in a competitive market.
Here are some reasons why producing quality copy should be at the top of your list of priorities:
- It ensures that your online content is on-brand.
- Good copywriting resonates with your audience and helps your business stand out from your competitors.
- Content marketing assists in boosting your website’s SEO scores.
- Content marketing directly increases sales through calls-to-action (CTAs).
5. Experiment With Animations
Creating animations, when done right, can be a fun and impactful way of telling a brand story. They are also useful when marketing a product or service to a younger audience. Animations can utilize the following sequential formatting:
- A brief description of the problem
- An explanation of how your product/service can serve as a solution to that problem
- A description of the solution
- A CTA
Animations are often more cost-effective than full-fledged video ads and can be vastly more engaging than traditional static media. Animation is an excellent medium for small businesses that want to take their digital marketing campaigns to the next level and appeal to a younger audience.
6. Embrace 3D content
Leveraging 3D content is an excellent way to tell stories that are vast in scale and budget. Utilizing an additional dimension in your visual content can help consumers see your product in a new light. 3D content also encourages interactivity by allowing users to rotate 3D models in virtual reality (VR) or augmented reality (AR), offering a novel, exciting way to consume content. 3D content is immersive and can significantly improve your click-through rates while reducing bounce rates.
Realistic Goals Ensure Productivity:
One of the critical components of developing a solid digital marketing strategy is setting goals. The goals you set need to be specific and must reflect realistic, achievable targets. Having realistic objectives will ensure that your digital marketing strategy remains on-track throughout the entire year while preventing burnout from attempting to achieve unattainable targets.